Real Estate & Land Use Law
Real Estate Attorney:
The Real Estate and Land Use Group of DCG represents individuals and corporations, investors, developers, contractors, owners, landlords, and tenants in a wide array of real estate issues. Our attorneys specialize in:
- Land Use and Development: We represent commercial and individual clients in legal matters involving real property including zoning, land use and annexation, land planning and development, and conservation easements
- Construction Law: We draft and review contracts, negotiate terms, provide representation in disputes and other legal services as needed to assist individual homeowners and builders through the construction process
We have advised clients in a wide variety of real estate and land use matters, including, but not limited to:
- 1031 Exchange
- Assessments-Taxing Authorities and Owner Associations
- Boundary Disputes
- Commercial Leases/Real Estate
- Common Interest Communities
- Condominium Law
- Construction Law
- Contingent Interests
- Deeds & Conveyances
- Earnest Money Disputes
- Eminent Domain Litigation
- Environmental Issues
- Housing Discrimination
- Installment Land Contract
- Investment Property
- Land Use/Development
- Lease to Own
- Legal Descriptions
- Life Estates
- Loan Documents
- Mechanic’s Liens
- Oil & Gas Law
- Option Agreements
- Owner Associations
- Ownership Disputes
- Owner Financing
- Promissory Notes
- Party Wall Agreements
- Real Estate Closings
- Real Estate Powers of Attorney
- Real Estate Taxes
- Real Estate Transfers
- Residential Leases
- Review & Negotiating Contracts
- Short Sales
- Special Districts
- Tax Liens
- Title Insurance
- Title Issues
- Water Law
The Real Estate Group brings extensive experience to assess and resolve these and other types of real estate issues. Contact us for a confidential review of your matter.
Longmont – Denver – Broomfield
Westminster – Boulder
Land Use & Development
Adams and Boulder County Development & Zoning Lawyers
For more than half a century, Donelson Ciancio & Grant, P.C., has provided trustworthy legal representation for individuals and businesses in Northern Colorado and the Rocky Mountain region.
Our land use attorneys are called upon by landowners, real estate developers, homebuilders and commercial property owners in a broad range of transactional and land use matters.
Our firm’s land use and property development clients run the gamut from longtime local landowners to developers who are new to the area. Some of the numerous matters we handle involve:
- Annexation and Zoning
- Common Interest Communities – Covenants & Owners Associations
- Annexation & Development Agreements
- Work with Special Districts, Ditch Companies, & Adjacent Property Owners
Colorado has a pioneering tax credit program to encourage the protection of open spaces with tax benefits. Since the inception of the Colorado Conservation Easement Income Tax Credit Program, our zoning, and land development attorneys have helped numerous clients along the Front Range and throughout Colorado to successfully negotiate and create conservation easements on their property under this program. It is a marvelous way to preserve Colorado’s natural resources and enables landowners who donate land for a conservation easement to potentially receive federal and state tax benefits relating to the donation of a qualifying easement.
We have been serving Colorado for over 50 years, so please contact us to learn how we can put our knowledge and experience in land use and development to work for you.
^ Back to Top
Are you planning your dream home? Are you a contractor in the business of building dream homes? At Donelson Ciancio & Grant, P.C., we offer legal counsel and representation to both individual homeowners and homebuilders in all matters involving construction law. Our construction law attorneys provide highly effective assistance at every step along the way of the construction process, from hopeful beginning to successful conclusion:
- We represent homeowners and developers in their dealings with contractors and subcontractors
- We draft, review, and modify contracts with contractors and subcontractors
- We draft construction agreements for general use
- We assist homeowners in disputes with builders
- We assist contractors in disputes with customers and subcontractors
- We handle issues involving mechanics liens
- We draft documents to protect property owners against mechanics liens and foreclosure.
Most building contractors have their own form contracts and many builders bristle at the thought of having to deal with a new contract. We understand. Our purpose is not to meddle. Our goal is to provide whatever assistance is needed and ensure the construction process goes smoothly for our clients.
For homeowners, our lawyers begin with an in-depth conversation to gain an understanding of what it is you hope to accomplish. We review contracts, explain the details and, when necessary, request or draft contract modifications to ensure that our clients are properly protected. Once a project is underway, we deal with the project changes that inevitably arise.
When representing contractors, our primary role often involves helping contractors deal with issues that arise in the middle of a project, ranging from mechanic’s liens to foreclosure, in a timely and cost-effective manner. We also serve as a sounding board regarding construction and homeowner issues.
We excel at finding creative solutions to difficult problems. To learn more about how we can put our skill and experience to work for you, please contact Donelson Ciancio & Grant, P.C.